Historical Release Notes
August 25, 2019 (Arbok - 6.0.6)
- Fixed a bug preventing Android users from downloading PDFs from the app.
- Added additional information when courses don't appear under Courses in My TXST
- Added support for Faculty and other instructors to view their courses under My TXST
- Updated Apply Now to support both Undergraduate and Graduate admissions
- Added a clear text button to search inputs on Android
- Changed the customize menu icon
- Changed "Account Balance" to "Total Balance" on the student billing screen
- Shuttles now asks for your location immediately and will display the location dot on the map right away
August 11, 2019 (Ekans release)
- Newsreel cards respect the Android back button and return to the home screen
- Fixed issue with dismissing modals by clicking the backdrop
- Prevent opening the BobcatMail app if the user clicked cancel on the OS prompt
- Fixed word casing on the holds screen
- Centered the empty state message for the survey screen
- Corrected colors of text on the shuttle tab bar to indicate inactivity
- Fix to allow PDFs to be downloaded on Android
- Upgrade React Native to 0.60.4
- Implemented a new design for the list of news cards
- Added a clear button to all search inputs
- Confirmation message when exiting the app via the Android back button
- Better support for landscape on the shuttle screen
- Added a pending style of ETA for shuttle stops
- Removed the Google Maps provided toolset on Android
- Fixed the infinite loading scenario with an automatic rebuild & retry pattern
- Adjusted color contrast of shuttle tab bar for accessibility
July 26, 2019 (Snorlax release)
- Fixed padding, spacing, and time issues on the Week at a Glance screen
- Courses under My TXST now indicate if you're waitlisted for the course
- Fixed a bug causing users to be stuck on WebViews if the request fails
- Fixed a bug preventing shuttle routes from refreshing properly
- Fixed a bug that caused incorrect term selection on My TXST / Courses
- Fixed a crash caused by using the hardware back button after having left a WebView
- Fixed default error screen on My TXST / Billing - its no longer hot pink
- Fixed pull to refresh functionality on Academic Calendar
- Fixed the inconsistent status bar colorings
- Fixed the screen height changing when moving from Home to another view
- Fixed a bug that would save search filters wherever a search box was used
- Fixed holds being displayed with the wrong date
- Fixed a bug causing holds notifications to only go out for the first person receiving a hold that day
- Fixed a bug preventing screens from refreshing when users would navigate back to them
- Fixed a bug causing the University Star website to change height every few seconds
- (Finally) Fixed a bug that was preventing deep linking from working with notifications
- Fixed a bug that was causing Customize Menu's rows to jump 24 pixels after the drag started
- Upgraded to ReactNative v0.60.3
- Buses on the Shuttle map now animate along their route
- Made it easier to select stops from the map in Shuttle
- Added a clear all button to the Notifications screen
- Added clear button to Buildings, Routes, and Stops in Shuttle
- Separated summer term into Summer 1 and Summer 2 under My TXST / Courses
- Implemented multiple performance improvements for Shuttles
- Added support for additional email clients when sending support emails
- Normalized styling for Action Sheets across the app
- Added a slight background color change under Customize Menu to help users see which row is active
- Added an option to filter only Active Routes in the shuttle routes list
- Added biometric authentication to save logins with TouchID or FaceID
- Centered header text in the Shuttle screen to prevent the Done and Clear buttons from looking cluttered
- Changed header size on Week At A Glance screen to not interfere with the status bar
- Added accessibility labels for Campus Contacts
- Improved accessibility on back button
- Added custom accessibility hints for BobcatMail and TRACS Mobile, as they open new apps
- Added custom buttons for voiceover on the News & Events screen; allow users to change tabs without swiping through all news stories or events.
- Improved voiceover text on news reel cards on the Home screen
- Improved spacing on the Home screen grid view when voiceover is enabled
- News Reel cards read out the index position (story 1 of X) while using voiceover
- Voiceover no longer reads your initials on the pull out drawer
- Improved checkbox and filter accessibility states and labels
- Added better labels to the List View and Week at a Glance view under My TXST / Courses
- Improved voiceover's reading of courses under My TXST / Courses
- Fixed the calendar days not being read in the proper order in Academic Calendar
- Made some small adjustments to the settings screen
June 30, 2019 (Magikarp release)
- Fixed padding on user initials in the drawer.
- Fixed a crash when opening Customize Screens and no screens are available.
- Force network requests to retry when WiFi or Cell service drops out.
- Fixed an issue with the map in Shuttles stealing touches from the map markers.
- Updated navigation in the app to be more consistent with other apps.
- Courses term now defaults to the current term if users are taking courses.
- Slight change to the survey icon's line weight.
- Added year and month sections to the Academic Calendar.
- Changed the way long running events show up on the Academic Calendar.
- Added times to events in the Academic Calendar, where applicable.
- Shuttle ETAs will refresh when the app transitions from background to foreground.
- Changed some minor text wording.
- Updated React Native to 0.60.0-rc.2 for access to new accessibility functions.
June 16th, 2019 (Slowpoke release)
- Fixed sticky badge counts, user badge counts should clear when the notifications are viewed.
- Fixed a crash happening on the Shuttles screen - iOS 11 and below.
- Fixed pull to refresh not working on News & Events screen
- Properly order semesters on the Courses screen
- Added a push notification icon for Android devices
- Fixed a bug causing the Home screen to repeatedly route users to a notification's link location.
- Fixed a problem with news stories not refreshing when the app moves from background to foreground.
- Fixed a bug causing titles to overlap on some screen.
- Fixed Android's back button behavior on web content (Dining, Course Catalog, etc)
- Fixed incorrect dates on Spring 2020 holidays.
- Fixed the dots on the home screen overlapping with icons.
- Fixed a bug that would allow votes to update after a survey has closed.
- Added badge indicators to Holds, Notifications, and Survey icons.
- Added a search to buildings list in the Shuttles screen.
- Added haptic feedback to the Customize Menu screen and other areas.
- Organized buildings list in Shuttle by campus (Main and Round Rock).
- Adjusted the timing of long press to drag action on the Customize Menu screen.
- Fixed a bug preventing notifications screen from refreshing when a new notification arrives.
- Added Transportation notifications for things like Shuttle Route closures and modified schedules.
- Updated the Notifications screen to emulate the design of the Holds screen.
- Implemented a new Campus Contacts screen with more useful contacts.
- Added a label to week at a glance under My TXST / Courses.
- Customize Menu screen has been reworked to be more accessible for users with a screen reader.
- Changed screen reader label for news stories on the home screen.
- Added accessibility labels to contacts screen, fixed pronunciation of some acronyms (ITAC, SAP).
- Added accessibility labels to week at a glance button under My TXST / Courses.