Historical Release Notes
October 16, 2020 (Yoshi - 6.0.13)
- The survey feature in the app is now live
Significant updates to the mobile API to resolve performance issues and to allow for future scalability
Added a new user group to the app (AppAccept)
Resolved an issue where only one email address would show up in a User Profile
Fixed Campus Contacts so that if you have more than one role at the university (e.g. Staff and Student), the displayed contacts reflect both roles.
Fixed duplicate push notification issue
March 22, 2020 (Spoink - 6.0.12)
- Updated the design of Academic Calendar and added filters and different parts of term
- You can sync your courses with your calendar app now
- Fixed issue in Shuttle where inactive routes would immediately show back up in routes list
February 2, 2020 (Beedrill - 6.0.11)
- Adjusted the order Voiceover reads information in Student Billing area
- Added messaging for users when connection errors occur
- Fixed Where's My Course icon
- Fixed bug for Android users that use the back button to exit the app
January 12, 2020 (Meowth - 6.0.10)
- Added a component link to the "Where's My Course?" tool for students
- Laid groundwork for update to Student Billing screen
- Updated Student Billing screen to show more information
November 15, 2019 (Weezing - 6.0.9)
- Added a component link to the Canvas apps (Student & Teacher)
October 27, 2019 (Ditto - 6.0.8)
- Released User Profiles for students
September 29, 2019 (Bulbasaur - 6.0.7)
- Added a tutorial for using the shuttle screen
- Better handling of intermittent network connections
- Added disclaimer text to Academic Calendar
- Logging out properly clears SAP session cookies
- iOS 13 & iPhone 11 support
August 25, 2019 (Arbok - 6.0.6)
- Fixed a bug preventing Android users from downloading PDFs from the app.
- Added additional information when courses don't appear under Courses in My TXST
- Added support for Faculty and other instructors to view their courses under My TXST
- Updated Apply Now to support both Undergraduate and Graduate admissions
- Added a clear text button to search inputs on Android
- Changed the customize menu icon
- Changed "Account Balance" to "Total Balance" on the student billing screen
- Shuttles now asks for your location immediately and will display the location dot on the map right away
August 11, 2019 (Ekans release)
- Newsreel cards respect the Android back button and return to the home screen
- Fixed issue with dismissing modals by clicking the backdrop
- Prevent opening the BobcatMail app if the user clicked cancel on the OS prompt
- Fixed word casing on the holds screen
- Centered the empty state message for the survey screen
- Corrected colors of text on the shuttle tab bar to indicate inactivity
- Fix to allow PDFs to be downloaded on Android
- Upgrade React Native to 0.60.4
- Implemented a new design for the list of news cards
- Added a clear button to all search inputs
- Confirmation message when exiting the app via the Android back button
- Better support for landscape on the shuttle screen
- Added a pending style of ETA for shuttle stops
- Removed the Google Maps provided toolset on Android
- Fixed the infinite loading scenario with an automatic rebuild & retry pattern
- Adjusted color contrast of shuttle tab bar for accessibility
July 26, 2019 (Snorlax release)
- Fixed padding, spacing, and time issues on the Week at a Glance screen
- Courses under My TXST now indicate if you're waitlisted for the course
- Fixed a bug causing users to be stuck on WebViews if the request fails
- Fixed a bug preventing shuttle routes from refreshing properly
- Fixed a bug that caused incorrect term selection on My TXST / Courses
- Fixed a crash caused by using the hardware back button after having left a WebView
- Fixed default error screen on My TXST / Billing - its no longer hot pink
- Fixed pull to refresh functionality on Academic Calendar
- Fixed the inconsistent status bar colorings
- Fixed the screen height changing when moving from Home to another view
- Fixed a bug that would save search filters wherever a search box was used
- Fixed holds being displayed with the wrong date
- Fixed a bug causing holds notifications to only go out for the first person receiving a hold that day
- Fixed a bug preventing screens from refreshing when users would navigate back to them
- Fixed a bug causing the University Star website to change height every few seconds
- (Finally) Fixed a bug that was preventing deep linking from working with notifications
- Fixed a bug that was causing Customize Menu's rows to jump 24 pixels after the drag started
- Upgraded to ReactNative v0.60.3
- Buses on the Shuttle map now animate along their route
- Made it easier to select stops from the map in Shuttle
- Added a clear all button to the Notifications screen
- Added clear button to Buildings, Routes, and Stops in Shuttle
- Separated summer term into Summer 1 and Summer 2 under My TXST / Courses
- Implemented multiple performance improvements for Shuttles
- Added support for additional email clients when sending support emails
- Normalized styling for Action Sheets across the app
- Added a slight background color change under Customize Menu to help users see which row is active
- Added an option to filter only Active Routes in the shuttle routes list
- Added biometric authentication to save logins with TouchID or FaceID
- Centered header text in the Shuttle screen to prevent the Done and Clear buttons from looking cluttered
- Changed header size on Week At A Glance screen to not interfere with the status bar
- Added accessibility labels for Campus Contacts
- Improved accessibility on back button
- Added custom accessibility hints for BobcatMail and TRACS Mobile, as they open new apps
- Added custom buttons for voiceover on the News & Events screen; allow users to change tabs without swiping through all news stories or events.
- Improved voiceover text on news reel cards on the Home screen
- Improved spacing on the Home screen grid view when voiceover is enabled
- News Reel cards read out the index position (story 1 of X) while using voiceover
- Voiceover no longer reads your initials on the pull out drawer
- Improved checkbox and filter accessibility states and labels
- Added better labels to the List View and Week at a Glance view under My TXST / Courses
- Improved voiceover's reading of courses under My TXST / Courses
- Fixed the calendar days not being read in the proper order in Academic Calendar
- Made some small adjustments to the settings screen
June 30, 2019 (Magikarp release)
- Fixed padding on user initials in the drawer.
- Fixed a crash when opening Customize Screens and no screens are available.
- Force network requests to retry when WiFi or Cell service drops out.
- Fixed an issue with the map in Shuttles stealing touches from the map markers.
- Updated navigation in the app to be more consistent with other apps.
- Courses term now defaults to the current term if users are taking courses.
- Slight change to the survey icon's line weight.
- Added year and month sections to the Academic Calendar.
- Changed the way long running events show up on the Academic Calendar.
- Added times to events in the Academic Calendar, where applicable.
- Shuttle ETAs will refresh when the app transitions from background to foreground.
- Changed some minor text wording.
- Updated React Native to 0.60.0-rc.2 for access to new accessibility functions.
June 16th, 2019 (Slowpoke release)
- Fixed sticky badge counts, user badge counts should clear when the notifications are viewed.
- Fixed a crash happening on the Shuttles screen - iOS 11 and below.
- Fixed pull to refresh not working on News & Events screen
- Properly order semesters on the Courses screen
- Added a push notification icon for Android devices
- Fixed a bug causing the Home screen to repeatedly route users to a notification's link location.
- Fixed a problem with news stories not refreshing when the app moves from background to foreground.
- Fixed a bug causing titles to overlap on some screen.
- Fixed Android's back button behavior on web content (Dining, Course Catalog, etc)
- Fixed incorrect dates on Spring 2020 holidays.
- Fixed the dots on the home screen overlapping with icons.
- Fixed a bug that would allow votes to update after a survey has closed.
- Added badge indicators to Holds, Notifications, and Survey icons.
- Added a search to buildings list in the Shuttles screen.
- Added haptic feedback to the Customize Menu screen and other areas.
- Organized buildings list in Shuttle by campus (Main and Round Rock).
- Adjusted the timing of long press to drag action on the Customize Menu screen.
- Fixed a bug preventing notifications screen from refreshing when a new notification arrives.
- Added Transportation notifications for things like Shuttle Route closures and modified schedules.
- Updated the Notifications screen to emulate the design of the Holds screen.
- Implemented a new Campus Contacts screen with more useful contacts.
- Added a label to week at a glance under My TXST / Courses.
- Customize Menu screen has been reworked to be more accessible for users with a screen reader.
- Changed screen reader label for news stories on the home screen.
- Added accessibility labels to contacts screen, fixed pronunciation of some acronyms (ITAC, SAP).
- Added accessibility labels to week at a glance button under My TXST / Courses.